Thursday, August 4, 2011

Time for Surgery!

I had my hysterectomy on July 11th, 2011. It was a fight to get my surgery done. Guess cancer is not a reason to get it done quickly! I was terrified to say the least. I had never had any type of surgery before. I was more afraid for my husband and three children than for myself. My worst fear was not waking up, leaving my family. Also, the idea of being put to sleep and having a tube down my throat did not sit well with me!  Needless to say, I did just fine! I woke up and my first questions to the nurse was "am I alive" silly I know!  Everything went well. Surgery was a success!

Recovery at home went well. My kids and husband did an amazing job tending to my every need. Not only did I have my husband and kids, I am blessed to have my parents close by. Mom made meals and brought them over, even made some meals at my house and brought groceries too-- all after a long days work! She, was a huge help!

My house smelled like a flower garden from all the flowers loved ones sent! Not to mention the balloon bouqet and all the get well cards that line up my entertainment stand! I look at the gifts of love and support and cannot help but smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment