Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It could always be worse!

Its been exactly one week since my first chemo treatment. I was told hair loss could start between day 6-15, or at least that is what's most common. I was really, really hoping I would be among the few that do not lose their hair. I am sure each person going through this has similar feelings. No such luck! This is what I gathered off of my pillow this morning...



Not that bad, right?

Later in the morning my dad came over to visit me and drop off the homemade chicken noodle soup my mom made for us. He also brought me the sweetest card from him. (something my dad is NOT known to do) so it meant so much to me! I got up from the couch to make him a cup of coffee and this is what was laying on the pillow....


So, I think it is safe to say that I am going to be rocking the bald look!! Its all good. A friend told me to shave to about 1/2 inch and it should stay that length. So, a party is a must for this! If it has to be done, I should have fun doing it!
I was asked by a few people if I have cried about it yet. Nope. I am sure once I shave it I will shed some tears. I am still in denial. I just keep thinking of something a friend said to me "hair is just an accessory" I love that.

4 comments:

  1. Suz, you are such an awesome lady! You can rock anything you try to pull off! Being bald won't affect your strong spirit and determination to beat this! Hugs hugs hugs!

    You WILL beat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should go for a really cute short, short haircut, but styled and see what happens. We are lucky we live in times like these where medicine has given us a chance. We're also blessed by family and friends and a God who surpasses all understanding. Lean on Him. Much love, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Irene, I will buzz it to about 1/2 inch. We will see what happends. I was told anythng longer there is a good chance it will still fall all out! I would rather a buzz look than a smooth bald look. LOL

    ReplyDelete